The Old Coast Guard Station Maritime Museum in Virginia Beach is seeking:
Part-time Museum Store Sales Associate.
- To sell retail merchandise and receive admission fees in the Museum Store. To open and close the Museum and Museum Store as required and to promote the Museum and Museum Store to the Museum customer.
- To sell and record Museum Store sales and admission fees and to conduct financial transactions using the computer point of sale system; other computerized reports as directed by Museum Store Manager.
- To create and implement a customer friendly atmosphere that offers a positive, lasting experience for museum visitors.
- To assist the Museum Store Manager in planning and controlling inventory levels.
- To receive, price, stock and store retail merchandise. To conduct annual physical inventory as directed by Museum Store Manager.
- To maintain familiarity with merchandise to assist customers in their purchasing decisions.
- To keep the Museum Store displays and merchandise clean and organized.
- To be a key-holder, directly responsible for opening and closing galleries and Museum Store during assigned work period.
- Responsible for following all cash handling procedures as well as ensuring that store opening and closing is performed properly in absence of manager on duty.
- To work with and oversee museum volunteers assisting in the store and galleries.
- Must be comfortable standing, bending, lifting merchandise boxes and various museum store fixtures of 20lbs or more. Must be comfortable climbing stairs.
HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Regular/part-time hourly position (20+ hours per pay period) or Temporary/Hourly (Less than 20 hours per pay period). $8.50 per hour.
- Position may require some weekends.
Interested candidates please email:
- Current Resume
- Letter of Interest
- Three References
- Email to: William Hazel/Museum Store Manager
No phone calls/walk-ins will be accepted.